The City’s Planning Services initially considers the development application to assess whether it complies with:
- The City's Town Planning Scheme
- The Residential Design Codes of Western Australia
- Any relevant policy, strategy or plan adopted by the Council
- The Local Heritage Inventory
- The City's expectations concerning orderly and proper planning and the preservation of the amenity of the locality.
Depending on the nature of each development proposal, the application may be referred to the City's Engineers, other City departments, the City's Design Advisory Consultants and State Government agencies.
Design Advisory Consultants
The City’s Design Advisory Consultants (DAC) are a specialised group of consultants that provide professional and technical advice to City officers in relation to the design of buildings and related matters. The DAC perform a purely advisory function and do not have any power to make decisions.
The purpose of the DAC is to provide comments and advice to the Council and City officers on the design and site planning of certain development proposals, urban design issues and on other Planning proposals where the City would benefit from their comments and advice.
The City's appointed Design Advisory Consultants (DAC) are:
- William Hames, Hames Sharley Australia
- Peter Jodrell, Motus Architecture
- Rob Anson, Rob Anson Architect Pty Ltd
- Todd Paterson, KPA Architects
- Jeff Thierfelder, Edgefield Projects.