Why Work With Us?
The City of South Perth is committed to attracting and retaining values based and customer service orientated employees.
Our employees can take advantage of great working conditions and benefits including:
- Values based organisation
- Team orientated and customer service focused culture
- 5 weeks Annual Leave and 17.5% annual leave loading
- Purchase up to 4 additional weeks of annual leave per annum
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) external provider
- Flexible Working Options such as flexi time, 9-Day Fortnight, RDO’s and flexible working arrangements
- Superannuation co-contribution options (up to $4,300 per annum)
- Free onsite parking
- Personal Leave up to 14 days per annum (based on length of service)
- 8 weeks paid parental leave for primary care giver in addition to Federal Government paid parental leave scheme
- Learning and professional development opportunities, including mentor program, secondments, and training courses.
- Study Leave and Assistance
- Corporate discounts with major Health Insurance Providers, up to 7% discounts
Inclusive and safe workplace where people are encouraged to bring their diverse & unique backgrounds and knowledge.
- Mental Health First Aid Officers onsite
- Health and Wellness Program: Award winning program, received AIM WA Pinnacle Award in the Lifeline WA Workplace Wellbeing Excellence category (2023). The program has also been commended by the Local Government Professionals Association and IPAA for its achievements in the workplace wellness category. The health and wellness initiatives include:
- Health Assessments
- Flu vaccinations
- Skin screening checks
- Outdoor active classes
- Team activity challenges
- Yoga and Pilates
- Physical nutrition program
- Onsite massage
The City of South Perth is an equal opportunity employer, who is committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Message from our CEO
Our talented workforce is vital to delivering excellent service to the community and achieving our vision of a city of active places and beautiful spaces.
We offer employment across a range of disciplines and our employees are highly valued in the organisation. We take pride in our diverse, dynamic and progressive team and we support and invest in their ongoing training and development. As well as our generous employment conditions and benefits, we offer a great range of health and wellbeing programs to assist in building and achieving a positive work/life balance.
Join our team and enjoy working in this unique inner-city riverside location.
Chief Executive Officer