Verge Side Collection
The City of South Perth provides one hard waste and two green waste verge side collections per year.
Items for the green and hard waste verge collection must be placed neatly on the verge by 7am on the scheduled start date for your area (including public holidays). Waste should be put out no earlier than one week before the collection commencement date.
For safety and to avoid damage to properties, please do not place collections next to trees, power poles, water meters, reticulation, walls, street signs or any other object. Please do not obstruct the footpath or driveway, your normal bin services or the line of sight of pedestrians and road users.
The City does not collect from vacant lots, commercial properties, rights of way, reserves or parks.
If you miss the collection, you can dispose of your waste at the City of South Perth Recycling Centre located on Thelma Street, Como.
2021 verge side waste collections
AUTUMN GREEN WASTE
|SPRING GREEN WASTE |
|1||Como Beach||26 April||30 August||11 October|
|2a||Manning, Salter Point, Waterford||3 May||6 September||18 October|
|2b||Waterford||3 May||6 September||25 October|
|3||Como, Manning, Karawara||10 May||13 September||1 November|
|4a||Como, Kensington||17 May||20 September||8 November|
|4b||Kensington||17 May||20 September||15 November|
|5||South Perth||24 May||27 September||22 November|
|6||South Perth||31 May||4 October||29 November|
Green waste collection
For the Green Waste Collection, the City will collect a maximum of three cubic metres per premise consisting:
- Uncontaminated green/garden waste
- Tree prunings/branches with a maximum length of 1.5m.
The City will not collect:
- Lawn clippings and leaves. These may be placed in your regular bin and will be collected with your weekly domestic rubbish collection
- General junk, building or household waste
- Tree trunks and stumps larger than 150mm in diameter or 1.5m in length
- Dug out lawn
- Green waste that is contaminated by household rubbish.
Plastic bags and boxes of leaves, weeds, soil and lawn clippings will not be collected.
If your green waste does not comply, it will not be collected. Green waste which isn’t collected because it has not met collection guidelines or because of late placement must be removed within seven days or you may be fined.
Hard waste collection
To ensure that the maximum amount of hard waste is recycled, different trucks are allocated to specific items. Please assist us by placing hard rubbish on your own verge in separate piles:
- Household furniture
- Fridges and freezers (doors MUST be removed)
- General waste.
Only three cubic metres of waste will be collected from each residence.
The City will not collect:
- Any glass such as windows, shower screens or outdoor tables
- Bricks, rubble, sand or other building waste
- Asbestos products
- Household hazardous waste
- Tyres, batteries, motor vehicle parts
- Household waste
- Gas cylinders
- Trampolines (unless disassembled)
- Green waste or lawn.
Waste left behind after the collection is your responsibility and must be removed from the verge within seven days, or $200-$500 litter infringements will be issued.