Verge Side Collection
The City of South Perth provides one hard waste and two green waste verge side collections per year.
Items for the green and hard waste verge collection must be placed neatly on the verge by 7am on the scheduled start date for your area (including public holidays). Waste should be put out no earlier than one week before the collection commencement date.
For safety and to avoid damage to properties, please do not place collections next to trees, power poles, water meters, reticulation, walls, street signs or any other object. Please do not obstruct the footpath or driveway, your normal bin services or the line of sight of pedestrians and road users.
The City does not collect from vacant lots, commercial properties, rights of way, reserves or parks.
If you miss the collection, you can dispose of your waste at the City of South Perth Recycling Centre located on Thelma Street, Como.
Please note: The City endeavours to complete collections during the week advertised, however they may carry over into the following week due to delays or unforeseen circumstances.
2023 verge side waste collections
AUTUMN GREEN WASTE
|SPRING GREEN WASTE |
|1||Como Beach||24 April||28 August||9 October|
|2a||Manning, Salter Point, Waterford||1 May||4 September||16 October|
|2b||Waterford||1 May||4 September||23 October|
|3||Como, Manning, Karawara||8 May||11 September||30 October|
|4a||Como, Kensington||15 May||18 September||6 November|
|4b||Kensington||15 May||18 September||13 November|
|5||South Perth||22 May||25 September||20 November|
|6||South Perth||29 May||2 October||27 November|
Green waste collection
The City will collect a maximum of three cubic metres per premise consisting:
- Uncontaminated green/garden waste
- Tree prunings/branches with a maximum length of 1.5m.
The City will not collect:
- Lawn clippings and leaves. These may be placed in your regular bin and will be collected with your weekly domestic rubbish collection
- General junk, building or household waste
- Tree trunks and stumps larger than 150mm in diameter or 1.5m in length
- Dug out lawn
- Treated wood
- Green waste that is contaminated by household rubbish
- Plastic bags and boxes of leaves, weeds, soil and lawn clippings.
Tips to ensure your green waste is collected:
- Keep waste to no more than 3 cubic metres and ensure it is placed out on your verge before 7am on your scheduled collection day and no more than one week early
- Please do not place waste next to anything that could inhibit collection including trees, power poles, power boxes, water meters, reticulation sprinklers, walls, street signs, letter boxes
- Please do not obstruct the footpath or driveway, parked cars, your kerbside bins, or the line of sight of pedestrians and road users
- Keep your green waste neat and ensure it does not spill onto the road
- The City does not collect from vacant lots, commercial properties, rights of way, reserves or parks.
If your green waste does not comply, it will not be collected. Green waste which isn’t collected because it has not met collection guidelines or because of late placement must be removed within seven days or you may be fined.
Green waste verge pick ups are scheduled as per the calendar above. It is not possible to book a green waste pick up outside of the schedule.
Hard waste collection
To ensure that the maximum amount of hard waste is recycled, different trucks are allocated to specific items, therefore some items may be collected at different times during the week of collection for the area.
Please assist us by placing hard rubbish on your own verge in separate piles:
- Household furniture
- Fridges and freezers (doors MUST be removed)
- General waste.
Only three cubic metres of waste will be collected from each residence.
The City will not collect:
- Any glass such as windows, shower screens or outdoor tables
- Bricks, rubble, sand or other building waste
- Asbestos products
- Household hazardous waste
- Tyres, batteries, motor vehicle parts
- Household waste
- Gas cylinders
- Trampolines (unless disassembled)
- Green waste or lawn.
Waste left behind after the collection is your responsibility and must be removed from the verge within seven days, or $200-$500 litter infringements will be issued.
Hard Waste verge pick ups are scheduled as per the calendar above. It is not possible to book a hard waste pick up outside of the schedule.