Works in your Neighbourhood
The City of South Perth has responsibility for the design, construction and maintenance of public spaces and road reserves to improve and preserve the amenity, functionality, safety, and aesthetics of the area.
The City’s Infrastructure Services Directorate coordinates the delivery of capital works projects and maintenance activities as outlined in the Annual Budget.
The City allocates a portion of its annual expenditure each year to the improvement and preservation of public spaces, infrastructure assets and the road network. In addition to municipal funds, external grants are accessed from the State and Federal governments
Typical capital works projects include:
- Road works (resurfacing, kerb replacement)
- Traffic management measures (installing traffic calming devices)
- Slab path replacement (replacing slab paths with concrete)
- Installation of new paths
- Bore and pump replacements
- Stormwater drainage (installation of new road gullies and stormwater drains)
- Parks and reserve upgrades (park furniture, playgrounds, etc)
- Building upgrades including public conveniences
Typical maintenance works include:
- Cleaning of stormwater gullies
- Sweeping of streets, footpaths, cycleways and car parks
- Street tree pruning and planting
- Mowing of parks & reserves
- Footpath and road repairs (e.g. potholes)
- Street and parking sign replacement or repair (excluding regulatory signs e.g. speed signs)
- Weed spraying (reserves, footpaths, kerb lines)
- Building and facility maintenance and repairs
- Graffiti removal
- Cleaning of buildings and other facilities
- Security maintenance and operations
South Perth Station Precinct
The South Perth Station Precinct includes all land between Richardson and Darley Streets to the south and east, and Scott Street and Frasers Lane to the north. For more information on works happening in this area, visit the South Perth Station Precinct page.
Other works within the City
Public utility providers and their contractors such as Western Power, Water Corporation, telecommunications (e.g. Telstra), NBN and Atco Gas also work within the City’s verges, roads and footpaths.
Round Six of the State Underground Power Program (affecting Manning, Collier and South Perth) is currently in progress. For more information, visit the City’s Underground Power page.