Managing Your Information
By accessing the City of South Perth website, you agree to allow us to collect the following information about you:
- Your IP address
- Your top level domain name (.com, .net, .gov etc.)
- Your Internet browser type
- The date and time of your visit to our website
- The pages you viewed and time spent on each
- Documents downloaded
- How you accessed our site (such as thorough a link on a referring site or search engine).
The data collected is used to record statistics on how people are using our website. Unless required by a law enforcement agency, visitors to our site are not personally identified.
Visitors to this site need to be aware that there are certain risks associated with the transmission of personal information via the Internet.
Certain pages (online payments), include facilities for secure transmission of your information. Those facilities do not extend beyond the specified pages and our advice for caution otherwise applies.
Where appropriate, the City’s website contains links to external sites. When a user clicks on one of these links, they leave the City of South Perth website and are no longer protected by these conditions. The City takes no responsibility for the security, accuracy of content or privacy facilities of external sites. It is recommended that individuals read other sites’ privacy information to make their own assessments about information security.
Using Your Information Responsibly
If users provide their details to join a mailing list their personal information is used for the stated purpose of that list only. In line with the State Records Act 2000, email messages sent to the City are recorded. This information will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it.
Unless required to by legal investigation, we will not use your email for any other purpose and will not disclose it without your consent.
Please contact the City of South Perth if you:
- Have any questions about the City’s privacy information management practices
- Would like to make a privacy complaint
- Would like to nominate an additional person to have access to the personal information we hold about you.
Telephone: 9474 0777
or write to:
Customer Focus Team
City of South Perth Civic Centre
Cnr Sandgate St and South Tce
South Perth WA 6151