Kerb Side Collection
Kerb side collection refers to the weekly rubbish collection service provided by the City of South Perth.
Find my bin day
To find out when your next kerb side bin collection days are, you can use the Find My Bin Day map.
General domestic rubbish is collected weekly.
Your bin should not contain the following:
- Glass of any sort
- Car batteries
- Construction, demolition or earth materials such as bricks, building materials, sand, soil, concrete, rocks or asbestos
- Hazardous waste, including petrol and flammable liquids, paints, motor oils and fluids, garden chemicals and poisons, pool chemicals, cleaners, acids, bleaches and ammonia, medicines or gas cylinders
- Hot ashes or coals.
Your yellow-topped recycling bin is emptied fortnightly on rubbish day. All recyclables should be clean before putting them in the bin and all food and liquid should be removed. Everything should be loose and not in plastic bags.
Your recycling bin should only contain the following:
- Newspaper, office paper, magazines, junk mail and phone books
- Drink cartons including fruit juice and milk cartons (no silver-lined UHT cartons)
- Plastic bottles and containers with the recycling symbol at the bottom (thoroughly rinsed and containing no hazardous materials)
- Steel and aluminium cans including aerosol cans. No other metal items of any kind
- All other cardboard. Please remove contents and liners and flatten.
Your recycling bin must not contain:
- Lids of any bottles or jars
- China, porcelain or pottery
- Garden refuse
- Liquids of any kind
- Household food materials
- Polystyrene containers such as meat trays and packaging
- Cling wrap, bread bags or plastic bags.
General bin guidelines
Place your bin on the verge by 6am on the day of collection. Bins should be 1/2m from the kerb with the wheels facing your house (as pictured). Bin lids should be closed and not overflowing to prevent unwanted pests.
Your general rubbish and recycling bins should be 1/2m apart from each other. This is to ensure that the hydraulic arm on the collection vehicle is able to reach, lift and empty your bins. Please ensure that your bins are not placed under a tree canopy.
All bins should be returned to your property as soon as possible, generally within 24 hours of service.
Tips and tricks
To help you get the most out of your rubbish collection service:
- Store your bin in a shaded area
- Clean your bin regularly using hot soapy water
- Wrap all moist and perishable foods in newspaper
- Put lawn clippings on top of the material in your bin to prevent jamming.
Ordering new bins
If your bin is damaged or stolen or if you wish to order a new bin, please contact the City using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
Gopher or assisted household bin service
who are unable to physically move their bins to and from the kerbside
due to disability or illness can apply for a gopher or assisted
household bin service. The collection vehicle driver will wheel the bins
out and return them to and from an agreed place on the resident’s
property. The assistance service is provided at no additional cost to
the normal servicing charge, provided that the applicant has written
support from their medical professional.
The City of South Perth promotes road safety within the community. Bin stickers placed on household bins serve as a reminder to the road users to adhere to safe speeds on our local roads. The 'Please slow down, consider our kids' bin stickers can be collected from any of the City's Administration Buildings.