The City of South Perth recognises the importance of supporting community development. Funding opportunities are available to community organisations and individuals in a variety of categories.
Individual Development Program
The Individual Development Program is open to individuals who are residents of the City of South Perth and have been selected to represent the state or country in interstate or overseas championships and competitions.
The maximum grant that may be awarded in this category is:
- $200 for interstate travel/accommodation
- $300 for international travel/accommodation.
Community Funding Grant
Community Funding Grants provide grants of up to $2,000 available throughout the year (until the pool of funds is exhausted) for both non-incorporated and incorporated community organisations.
Applications must be submitted at least eight weeks prior to the project start date.
The Royal Perth Golf Club Men’s Charity Golf Day Community Funding
The Royal Perth Golf Club Men’s Charity Golf Day Committee was formed in 2000. Since its formation, over $600,000 and has been donated to not-for-profit organisations within the City of South Perth.
The aim of the Annual Charity Golf Day is to raise funds for local not-for-profit organisations who meet the following criteria:
- There must be a specific project with significant community interest, up to a value of $30,000
- Must be a not-for-profit organisation
- Must be located within the City of South Perth
Beneficiaries are decided on an annual basis and the final decision rests with the Royal Perth Golf Club General Committee.
- Grants Directory: The Grants Directory provides information about grants available to communities and local governments in Western Australia
- Community Sporting and Recreation Facilities Fund (CSRFF): The purpose of the program is to provide Western Australian Government financial assistance to community groups and local governments to develop basic infrastructure for sport and recreation.