Online Community Guidelines
Our website, web listings, advertising and social media accounts are managed by our Communications and Marketing team. We’re online weekdays during office hours 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. If you reach out to us via a digital platform other than mySouthPerth, we’ll do our best to respond to you within 3 business days, however we may take longer during busy periods.
Questions relating to a specific activity by an individual Elected Member, should be directed to that individual. You can find the contact information for the Mayor and Councillors and further information on our website.
While we’re here to help you find the information you need, we’re unable to provide information or advice tailored to your situation on social media. The best way to access the information you need is to set up an account through mySouthPerth, where you’ll be able to access customer service support 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Your data and privacy
Any personal information we collect will only be used for the purpose for which it has been collected, or for a purpose you would reasonably expect in carrying out our digital communications and marketing activities and functions.
Our community expects a place that is respectful, reliable, relevant and safe.
We may hide or delete posts that our team consider to be:
- Abusive, offensive or unlawful: Harassment, bullying or provoking other community members, swearing, derogatory language and expression of views that are racist, sexist, homophobic, predatory or sexually explicit are not acceptable. Posts we deem to be potentially defamatory or that violate privacy laws will be removed.
- Political in nature: While we welcome the discussion of policies and initiatives, it is not the place to discuss individuals and personalities.
- Misleading information or misinformation: Information that is false, unfounded or misleading, whether intentional or not, will be removed.
- An infringement of intellectual property rights: Respect and acknowledge original creators when sharing content.
- Promotional: We do not accept advertisements, requests to endorse commercial products or services or soliciting donations.
- Spam or harmful: Copied and pasted, duplicated or off-topic posts will be removed. We do not tolerate posts containing links to harmful or suspicious websites or applications.
- Personal details: As this is a public page, we will remove any posts that contain private information or personal details, such as email addresses or phone numbers.
- A violation of the terms and conditions of any of the online spaces we operate in.
- If you breach these guidelines, we may also block your account.
- To create meaningful and valuable discussion, please stay on topic when commenting on our posts or content.
- While we value sharing news about our community, we’re not able to service every third-party content request.
If you would like to contact us about these guidelines or any other matter, please visit mySouthPerth.
These guidelines were updated in October 2023 and are subject to change without notice. Please make sure you check our guidelines regularly to stay informed about any changes that may impact you.