Animal Care Facility
The City’s Animal Care Facility provides the residents of the City of South Perth with:
- Care for impounded animals such as dogs, cats, chickens, rabbits and birds
- Dog and cat registration and microchipping
- Animal husbandry services such as feeding animals, cleaning kennels, providing a safe and secure space
- Community awareness of responsible pet ownership
- Assisting with lost and found pets
- Updating new pet ownership details and registration requirements
- Adoptions and re-homing of stray pets with other rescue groups
- Cat boarding.
The facility is equipped with heating and cooling, outside exercise areas for the dogs and play equipment for cats. Fresh linen is provided to all animals to ensure they are kept in a warm safe environment along with good quality food for daily feeds.
The Animal Care Facility also offers and advisory service for owners of dangerous pets and those that are no longer safe in the community.
If your dog or cat has been impounded, you are required to pay a fee prior to release and a daily sustenance fee for the upkeep of your pet. It is also a requirement that if your dog or cat is not micro chipped, then it must be micro chipped prior to release. Similarly, if your dog or cat is not registered, you must also register them prior to release. If the dog or cat is registered you will need to provide proof of this.
The Animal Care Facility is shared with the City of Perth, Town of Victoria Park, City of Vincent, City of Canning, City of Gosnells, Town of Bassendean and Town of East Fremantle.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Wednesday to Sunday 12-2pm. Due to a capacity limit at this venue it is advised you make an appointment to visit the Animal Care Facility.
Outside of these hours, please contact the Rangers on 9474 0777 for lost and found animals.
- Address 199 Thelma Street, Como