The City develops and facilitates community infrastructure to service community needs and priorities. The City owns a variety of building assets including public toilets, administration buildings, libraries, kindergartens, recreation centres, education centres and community halls.
Capital works range from construction of new buildings, extension to existing buildings, replacement/ upgrade of building components or major rehabilitation. The works are assessed based on building condition assessments or on community development needs. The City also arranges building maintenance for City properties as per tenant lease agreement requirements.
Current facilities works
The City of South Perth invites detailed submissions from suitably qualified contractors to submit tenders for the provision of renovation works to improve the McDougall Kindergarten.
The City of South Perth invites detailed submissions from suitably qualified contractors to submit tenders for the provision and installation of awnings at the John McGrath Pavilion on Ernest Johnson Oval, South Perth.
The City has been busy over the winter months progressing with redevelopment work at Ernest Johnson Reserve. The project is anticipated to be completed by the end of September.
Works at EJ Reserve are continuing with the installation of new footpaths, exercise and playground equipment, barbeque and picnic areas and cricket nets scheduled to take place in June.
Scheduled capital works
Facilities capital work projects for the 2022/23 financial year are listed below.
View the Capital Works map for the 2022/23 financial year.
- Old Mill Theatre - emergency lighting, South Perth
- Moresby Hall - renewal works, Kensington
- Heritage House - lighting upgrade & minor improvement works, South Perth
- Manning Bowling Club - toilet upgrade, Manning
- GBLC, SP Community Hall, Collins St Hall - timber floor resurfacing
- Electrical switchboard replacements, City-wide
- Asbestos replacement program, City-wide
- Como Bowling Club - toilet and change room upgrade, Como
- John McGrath Pavilion - lighting replacement, South Perth
- Scout Hall public toilet renewal, Salter Point
- Manning Tennis Club - toilet door widening, Manning
- Buildings signage and roof anchors, City-wide
- Waterford Foreshore public toilet sewer connection, Waterford
- Lighting replacement program (General)
- Manning Bowling Club - floodlighting upgrade, Manning