Godwin Avenue Sump and Cycle Path Extension Works
In January 2023, the City secured funding from the RAC through its Reconnect WA initiative to revegetate and retrofit the stormwater sumps and extend the cycle path at the intersection of Godwin and Goss Avenues in Manning.
These works will improve water quality, enhance wildlife habitat and activate the community area with a new family-friendly active transport connection, linking Canning Bridge Station to the local residential area and Curtin University.
The completed works will include:
- a biofiltration system to strip stormwater of pollutants and nutrients before it enters the soakwells
- an increased existing stormwater filtration area
- selectively clearing mid-storey shrubs and under-prune trees to open sight lines
- revegetation throughout the area with native plant species
- a bird watering station
- a dedicated rest area with habitat features, such as an insect hotel, bird nesting boxes and untreated timber logs
- informal access paths connecting the existing north and south paths
- a cycle path extension
- a nature play zone
- seating, including a wheelchair parking concrete pad
- bicycle parking, bins and a drinking fountain.
The construction phase will commence in October 2023 and it is anticipated that all planting and works will be completed by the end of April 2024.
Find out more
This page will be updated as the project progresses. You can also
sign up to the City's fortnightly eNewsletter to be kept informed of progress on this project.