Canning Bridge to Curtin University Bike Link
Following extensive stakeholder and community engagement in 2022 and the announcement of grant funding from the Department of Transport, the City of South Perth will soon be carrying out construction works on multiple sections of the Canning Bridge to Curtin University Bike Link, as follows:
Safe active streets on:
- Pether Road, from Davilak Crescent to Goss Avenue
- Godwin Avenue, from Davilak Crescent to the cul-de-sac end
- Davilak Crescent, from Ley Street to Manning Road.
Road rehabilitation works on:
- Forward Street, from Goss Avenue to Canavan Crescent.
Road works will commence on Monday 4 September 2023 and last for approximately 10 weeks, weather permitting, Monday to Friday between the hours of 7am to 5pm. Due to the staggered nature of the works, there will be periods of time where there will be no works occurring in some areas.
The road works will include:
- Road resurfacing on at least two occasions which will impact access to properties at certain times
- Upgrade of kerbing at selected areas, which may impact reticulation on the verge
- Construction of raised intersections at all intersections (except roundabouts) along Pether Road and Godwin Avenue
- Installation of speed cushions along Canavan Crescent on the approach to the roundabouts at Pether Road and Godwin Avenue
- Installation of speed cushions on Ley Street and Davilak Street on the approaches to the roundabout
- Installation of three single lane slow points along Davilak Crescent
- Upgrade of selected drainage infrastructure, which may impact reticulation on the verge.
Please note, the road rehabilitation works on Forward Street are being undertaken as part of a broader program for the construction of safe active streets nearby, which is the most cost effective approach.
Read the FAQs below to find out more about what the road works will involve and the possible impacts.
Red markings indicate the road works areas.