Hard waste verge side collection 2023

News Update 2 October 2023
It’s the perfect time to get prepared for our hard waste verge side collection, which starts on Monday, 9 October 2023 at Como Beach.

If you have any items to get rid of, please place them neatly on the verge by 7am on the scheduled start date for your area (including public holidays). Waste should be put out no earlier than one week before your collection date.

To ensure that the maximum amount of hard waste is recycled, different trucks are allocated to specific items, therefore some items may be collected at different times during the week of collection for the area. Please assist us by placing hard rubbish on your own verge in separate piles. 

You may dispose of up to three metres of the following items:

  • Household furniture 
  • Fridges and freezers (doors MUST be removed) 
  • Metals 
  • Whitegoods 
  • Mattresses 
  • eWaste 
  • General waste. 

Please do not:  

  • put your waste out more than one week before your scheduled start date 
  • place waste next to trees, power poles, water meters, reticulation, walls, street signs or any other object 
  • obstruct the footpath or driveway, your normal bin services or the line of sight of pedestrians and road users. 

Please note that the City does not collect from vacant lots, commercial properties, rights of way, reserves or parks.

The City will not collect: 

  • Any glass such as windows, shower screens or outdoor tables 
  • Bricks, rubble, sand or other building waste 
  • Asbestos products 
  • Household hazardous waste 
  • Tyres, batteries, motor vehicle parts 
  • Household waste 
  • Gas cylinders 
  • Trampolines (unless disassembled) 
  • Green waste or lawn.

If you miss the collection, you can dispose of your waste at the City of South Perth Recycling Centre located on Thelma Street, Como. You must remove any remaining waste from your verge within 7 days.

For more information on collection times, visit our Verge Side Collection page.

Media contact

For media enquiries, please contact the City’s Communications Officer.