City of South Perth residents and property owners can dispose of additional waste and recycling at the Recycling Centre (formerly known as Collier Park Waste Transfer Station).
Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 9am-4.45pm
Closed Monday to Thursday until further notice.
As part of the annual rubbish levy, ratepayers receive three entry vouchers for the Recycling Centre. These are sent out at the beginning of each financial year with the rates notices.
The vouchers entitle the ratepayer to dispose of two payloads of green waste and one payload of general waste per year.
To use, tear off the whole entry voucher and present it in full to the attendant at the Recycling Centre.
Please note the following:
- Your assessment number and barcode is printed on the entry voucher
- Once you have used your voucher you will not be able to get a second voucher
- You will not be able to receive a replacement voucher if it is lost. Please keep it in a safe place
- Occupiers who are not owners or do not pay a rubbish levy are not entitled to receive an entry voucher
- Occupiers will need to obtain the voucher from the property owner or pay to use the Recycling Centre
- Only valid entry vouchers will be accepted.
The gate attendant’s assessment of the voucher and load will be final.
Accepted payload size for entry voucher
Payloads should be no bigger than a level trailer (6x4) and less than 250kg. A fee will apply if an entry voucher is not presented at the Recycling Centre gate, or for any payload considered larger than the maximum payload size.
Due to our facility being approved as a Recycling Centre, we can’t accept all waste.
Payloads not accepted:
- Any vehicle exceeding a tare weight of two tonnes
- Any material exceeding a length of 1.8m
- Asbestos cement products including Hardiflex or Hardifence sheeting
- Liquids other than engine oil
- Building rubble including sand, rock, soil and concrete
- Co2 bottles, butane, cylinders, solvents and household chemicals (garden pesticides)
The following facilities may take the above waste:
City of Stirling Transfer Station
Phone: 9205 8555
Brockway Transfer Station
Phone: 9384 2544
City of Armadale
Phone: 9399 3935
Central Waste Station
Phone: 9470 6044
Further information about the disposal of hazardous waste is available from the Waste Authority.
To assist the City of South Perth in reducing waste to landfill and increasing recycling, the following items are accepted at no additional charge at the Recycling Centre if they are separated from general waste loads:
- Televisions – Plasma, CRT, LCD, LED, Rear Projection
- Computer Equipment
- Laptops, notebooks, palm tops
- Desktop /Central Processing Units, cards and motherboards
- Monitors, printers, faxes, scanners, multi-function units that scan/fax/print, and web cameras
- Compact disc drives, digital video disk drives, hard drives and floppy drives
- Mouse and trackball, keyboards, joysticks and gamepads
- Clean and uncontaminated cardboard, packing boxes, magazines, newspapers - no wrapping, polystyrene foam or similar
- Uncontaminated used motor oil (not contaminated with other petroleum products, coolants or similar) to a maximum of 20 litres per visit
- All scrap metal including fridges, washing machines and microwaves
- Fluorescent lighting tubes and globes
- Household and vehicle batteries.
Some recyclable items will incur a fee (vouchers are not valid for most of these items).
Disposal of Polystyrene
Expanded polystyrene (EPS), or polystyrene foam, is a white light-weight and bulky material that is often difficult to dispose of in your general bin. This material is often used in packaging for furniture or electronic goods, often together with cardboard. Polystyrene can be recycled at Recycling Centre free of charge.
Find out more about asbestos removal and disposal.
Paintback provides a free paint disposal service to:
- Responsibly deal with left-over paint after painting
- Declutter your garage, shed or under the house of old paint containers
- Recycle and reduce waste going to landfill
- Avoid landfill fees that may apply to waste paint.
Your nearest Paintback disposal centre is Bentley Cleanaway:
32 Ewing Street, (enter Catherine Street Gate 1), Bentley WA 6102
Monday to Friday 9am-2pm
Phone: 1800 053 784
To find out more visit paintback.com.au.
Waste Management Administration Fees
Recycling Centre - Specified Items
Recycling Centre - General Waste
Recycling Centre - Green Waste
City of South Perth Recycling Centre
- Phone 9474 0970
9am-4.45pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
CLOSED Monday to Thursday.
- Address Cnr Hayman Road and Thelma Street, Como