Gold status for Waterwise commitment
The City of South Perth has been recognised as one of the State’s leading waterwise local governments, having recently earned a Gold endorsement at a special ceremony hosted by the Water Corporation.
Mayor Greg Milner said the City was acknowledged for its water-saving efforts as part of Water Corporation’s Waterwise Council Program – one of five non-residential water efficiency programs.
“In March this year, the City retained its status as a Waterwise Council for its role in sustainable water management and for demonstrating a commitment to building Waterwise communities over the past year,” the Mayor said.
“Our status as a Gold Waterwise Council makes the City eligible for a range of Water Corporation funding schemes, which will enable the City to implement more water saving measures.
“Leading the way in sustainable water management and participating in the Waterwise Council Program are part of the City’s long-term commitment to efficient and sustainable management of our natural resources.”
Waterwise initiatives introduced by the City, include:
- Eco and hydro-zoning of public open spaces
- Water efficient irrigation systems
- Water efficient appliances at the City’s administration buildings and public facilities
- Online water-use monitoring and reporting
- Identification and repair of water leaks
- Waterwise demonstration gardens
- Waterwise education for staff and community
- Water sensitive urban design implementation in construction and revegetation projects.
To learn more about City’s approach to water management, please Our Environment page.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org