Learn to navigate the digital space through the libraries’ Click programs. Programs aimed to teach and upskill how to work devices, use the web, and learn through online portals and websites.
Be Connected is a website created by the Australian Government aimed at getting Australians over 55 using technology and browsing online safely, comfortably and confidently.
Explore a wide range of topics that address all areas of digital literacy, including:
- Social Media Apps
- Buying and Selling Online
- Online Banking
- Apple devices : laptop, desktop, iPads, iPhones
- Windows devices: desktops and laptops
- Android devices: tablets and mobile phones (ex: Samsung, Google pixel, Huawei)
- All about Apps
- Online hobbies – family history, Google Earth, Blogs
- Data, wi-fi, and mobile networks
- Video calls: FaceTime, Zoom, WhatsApp, Skype
- The Absolute Basics
- Online basics
- Internet Safety.
To find out more about Be Connected classes offered through the library, check out events listing.
Learn relevant, professional skills on LinkedIn Learning. Free to all library members, you will gain access to over 16,000 online courses in 7 languages, expert instructors with real-world experience and over 60 new courses added each week.
Visit the LinkedIn website.
Visit our help guides and videos.
eSafety is more than knowing how to protect yourself online from security and privacy risks. It encompasses a wide range of skills, such as how to judge the validity of sources; creating, downloading, and consuming safe content; navigating relationships in a respectful manner; and handling confrontational encounters online.