City facilities and services to reopen this weekend
The City is preparing to reopen a range of facilities and services following the State Government’s announcement last week about phase three easing of restrictions.
Community facilities and playgrounds
From Saturday 6 June, playgrounds, outdoor exercise equipment and the skate park at George Burnett Leisure Centre (GBLC) will reopen.
GBLC will resume the normal range of activities and opening hours.
- Modified opening hours will continue until further notice
- Priority entry for concession card holders will be discontinued
- There will be no time restrictions, however, members are encouraged to make their visits as short as possible
- Public computers will be available for internet use and printing, for 30 minutes at a time
- Loan limits remain at 50 items per library card, for 21 days, with 5 automatic renewals (except when items are reserved for others)
- Junior room access will be restricted to 15 people
- Study space will be unavailable until further notice
- Public toilet facilities will be available at South Perth and Manning libraries and the Old Mill
Plans are also underway to reinstate a number of library programs including Rhymetime, Storytime and the Justice of the Peace service.
- Rhymetime – 1 session per week at each library (limit of 25 people)
- Storytime – 1 session per week at each library (limit of 25 people)
- Justice of the Peace – at this stage will recommence Monday 15 June 2020. Bookings will be essential through Eventbrite
Visitor access to the Old Mill will increase to a limit of 100 people outside, from Tuesday 9 June 2020. The doors will remain open to the Old Mill and cottage with entry to internal areas restricted.
Phase three restrictions include:
- Two square metre rule for indoor and outdoor venues
- Good hygiene practices
- Non-work indoor and outdoor gatherings of up to 100 people at any one time, per single undivided space, up to 300 people in total per venue
Further updates on COVID-19 will be posted on our website and social channels, for more information please click here.