Libraries to open with modified services
The City welcomes the latest announcement by the State Government in relation to the easing of phase two restrictions.
From Monday 18 May 2020, South Perth and Manning libraries will reopen under revised conditions with a limit of 20 people at any time, physical distancing and hygiene practices in place.
Both libraries will undergo a deep clean before opening, with extra cleaning of high touch surfaces scheduled throughout the day. A COVID safety plan will also be implemented.
Opening hours Manning and South Perth Libraries
Monday - Friday, 9.30am-5pm*
*Concession Card holders will have priority entry every Tuesday and Thursday between 9.30-10.30am.
Library services will focus on loans and computer access including:
- Limits on library visits to approx 30 minutes person
- Limits on internet sessions on Library computers
- Members are encouraged to use online services where possible to decrease library visits
- Self-service will be encouraged
- Loans are limited to 50 items per library card for the time being
- Loan period reverts to 21 days with 5 automatic renewals (except for items that have been put on reserve).
- Reservation notices will be emailed to encourage staggered visitation
- Home reader service continues on a monthly basis
- One on one tuition or assistance (available via phone or email only)
- Restrictions on young adult and junior spaces
- Family groups are encouraged to reduce numbers during visits
- After hours chute open 24/7
- Newspapers (hardcopy) – online service available
- Magazines have been removed from public area, but can still be loaned. We recommend our online resource RB Digital
- Interlibrary loans – customers are requested to hold onto any requests for items until further notice
- Better Beginning backpacks
- Mind Lounge, Get the Facts, Words with Wine, Knitter Knatter, English Conversation, Scrabble, Book Clubs, Reflect Talks, Old Mill tours, RAC Education, Under 5 programs, Lego Club
- Outreach to child health centres, schools and kindergartens
- Justice of the Peace
- Equipment borrowing including Powermate, engravers, health and wellbeing kits
- Study space and room bookings
Increased hygiene services
- Visitors will be encouraged to sanitise hands on entry and exit, with gloves and disinfectant also available
- Visitors will be required to register names and phone numbers in case contact tracing is required
- All returned items are quarantined for 24 hours, following guidelines by WA Department of Health
- Public toilet facilities will not be available at South Perth Library
The City is following State and Federal Government directives as they are announced. For more information and updates please visit our website.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org