City Services, Programs and Facilities
for the community. As restrictions are gradually eased, please see below for the latest information.
The Civic Centre is open to the public, with physical distancing measures in place for the safety of our visitors and staff. Hand sanitiser is available for staff and customers and screens have recently been installed at the counter.
Only one customer will be permitted to meet with a staff member at any one time in any of the public meeting rooms due to the size of the rooms and the distancing restrictions.
The Customer Service team is also available by calling 9474 0777 or emailing email@example.com.
Development applications and building permit applications can be submitted via a letterbox located in the Civic Centre reception area.
Council Agenda Briefings and Council Meetings of the City of South Perth will be held online until further notice.
Deputations at Council Agenda Briefings and Public Question Time at Council Meetings will continue during electronic meetings. Members of the public can submit deputations and questions via the relevant forms.
Agendas and Minutes will be available on the City's website as usual and members of the public can register to observe the online meeting via the link posted on the Council Meetings page on the Friday prior to the meeting.
An audio recording of the electronic meetings will posted on the website the day after the meeting.
There are no changes to the weekly kerb side waste collection in the City. Household waste will be collected as usual on your designated day.
The Recycling Centre is open from Wednesday to Sunday 8am-2pm.
It is closed Mondays, Tuesdays and Public Holidays.
Additional Recycling Centre vouchers
As part of the Local Community Response and Relief Package to help residents, businesses and community groups impacted by the global Coronavirus pandemic, the City offered residents and businesses additional Recycling Centre vouchers until 30 June 2020.
2020/21 Recycling Centre vouchers were enclosed with 2020 Rate notices which were sent in late July 2020.
Restrictions have now been eased at City libraries under Phase 4 of the WA Roadmap
Opening hours for South Perth and Manning libraries are back to normal, while the two square metre rule, physical distancing, hygiene practices and COVID safety plan remain in place.
Monday and Friday, 9.30am-5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9.30am – 7pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9.30am – 5pm
Wednesday, 9.30am – 7pm
Saturday, 10am – 4pm
- No restrictions on visiting times
- Unrestricted use of study space and relaxation seating
- Public computers available for internet use and printing. Restrictions on sessions times remain at 30 minutes (with option to extend if no one is waiting), physical distancing between computers still applies.
- Loan limits remain at 50 items per library card
- Loan period is 21 days with 5 automatic renewals (except items on reserve for others)
- Junior room access is limited to 15 people
- All returned items are quarantined for 24 hours, following guidelines by WA Department of Health
Reinstated programs and services
- Under 5 programs including Time for Stories, Time for Rhymes and Time for Movement, with a maximum of 30 people (no scheduled craft activities)
- Manning Scrabble Club
- Justice of the Peace – bookings required
Suspended programs until Phase 5
- Time for ABCs and Time for Play (due to sharing of resources)
- Lego Club, ESL Conversation group, Knitter Natter Club and Book Clubs
Please visit the events page of the website for the latest information about events.
Payment by cheque for building applications has been temporarily suspended, however applicants are invited to contact the team to discuss alternative ways to pay by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temporary exemptions to the Town Planning Scheme No. 6 are permitted in accordance with the Notice of Exemption issued by the Minister for Planning on 3 April 2020. The notice is in response to the current State of Emergency for the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Amendments to the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015 provide the Minister for Planning with authority to temporarily override requirements and conditions set out in a local planning scheme, and existing conditions in planning approvals.
This could include exemptions relating to noise or amenity restrictions that guide supermarket deliveries, waste and recycling services and construction activities, and take-away and retail delivery services among other locally driven compliance requirements.
Under the amendments, the Minister for Planning can issue a notice to suppress local scheme provisions for a single council, across a specific region or across the State.
The regulations also provide for streamlined advertising and decision-making processes. In this COVID-19 crisis, where strict physical distancing protocols are enforced, this provides for digital access to plans and safer means of public inspection rather than inviting community members to venture away from home and visit physical buildings.
Further information is available on the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage website.
Click here for the Exemption from Development Approval Self Assessment Form.
Restrictions at the Old Mill have eased further as part of Phase 4 of the WA Roadmap.
Revised opening hours, the two square metre rule, physical distancing and good hygiene practices apply.
The Education Centre and office will reopen to visitors with a limit of 25 people at any time. Cash handling related to the donations box can resume.
The following restrictions apply at the Old Mill and Cottage:
- 1 person in the Old Mill at any time
- 5 people in the Cottage at any time
Tuesday - Friday, 10am-4pm
Saturday, Sunday, Monday - Closed
All playgrounds and public exercise equipment within the City are now open.
The Department of Health advise the following guidelines for playground and public equipment use:
- Stay home if you are unwell: even if you don’t think you could have COVID-19.
- All users have a responsibility for their personal hygiene and physical distancing
- Physical distancing should be observed where possible, mainly for those who are using the area surrounding the playground or skate park (i.e. parents watching their children)
- A reminder to wash hands/use sanitiser before, during and after using any shared public equipment or facilities
- Users should limit playground usage to 1 hour if the area is busy.
Normal opening hours have resumed at GBLC:
Monday - 8.30am-9pm
Tuesday - 8.30am-9pm
Wednesday - 8.30am-9pm
Thursday - 8.30am-9pm
Friday - 8.30am-9pm
Saturday - 8.30am-6pm
Sunday - 8.30am-6pm
Courts and rooms are available for hire from 6am-1am.
Visit the GBLC page on this website for details.
Physical distancing, good hygiene and the two square metre rule will apply to all activities.
Bookings are now open for indoor community facilities, parks and reserves under Phase 4 restriction guidelines.
Physical distancing, good hygiene and the two square metre rule still apply to all activities. Venues can now accept bookings for 50 percent of the normal capacity (eg South Perth Community Hall normal capacity is 400 people, so it can accommodate 200 people).
The City’s community bus is not currently available for hire.
Collier Park Golf has further relaxed restrictions to enable more people to access the course and play golf.
- Intervals between tee times will be reduced to 8 minutes (from 10 minutes)
- Online booking sheets will be opened 8 days prior at 12pm
- First tee time is 7.30am, last is 2.30pm. The course will close at 5pm
- Twilight golf has resumed from 3pm daily - booking is required as places are limited
- At all times and in all locations you must maintain social distancing (1.5m)
- Avoid all bodily contact, including handshaking or sharing of score cards
- Remember, if you can touch your mate with a driver, you’re too close!
- Bookings are still required. No walk-ins please.
For more information and booking details, visit the Collier Park Golf website.
The Animal Care Facility is open Wedesdat to Sunday 12-2pm.
Please contact the Rangers on 9474 0777 for lost and found animals outside these hours.
The City's Cat Boarding Facility has now re-opened.
South Perth and Manning Senior Citizens Centres are now open under revised conditions.
Podiatry and hairdressing services are available at both centres. Bookings are essential.
Meals on Wheels is available through South Perth Senior Citizens Centre.
For more information please contact South Perth on 9367 9880 or Manning on 9450 6273.
The City is planning to recommence in-person Citizenship Ceremonies from August 2020 in a modified format to conform to current COVID-19 guidelines.
The Department of Home Affairs arrange Citizenship applications, interviews, tests and the approval process. For more information visit their website.
The Justice of the Peace service has recommenced. Bookings are essential through Eventbrite.
Visit the Justice of the Peace page for available times and booking links.
Public toilets remain open within the City whilst they are serviceable. Unfortunately, due to repeated vandalism, the toilets at Bill Grayden Reserve have been closed.
Public toilets are being cleaned and sanitised on a frequent basis.
The Manning Men’s Shed is open with booking essential. For more information visit Manning Men's Shed.
The South Perth Historical Society Gallery and Cultural Centre has re-opened.
Saturday and Sunday 1-4pm,
All home swimming pool and spa inspections are currently postponed until further notice.
In the meantime we would encourage you to do the following:
- It is your responsibility to make sure that your property is safe at all the times
- If there are children at your property it is very important to practice the Royal Life Saving "Keep Watch" principals, and always closely supervise children around the swimming pool
- You should regularly check your swimming pool safety barrier to ensure it meets all the relevant Building Regulations 2012 of Western Australia. Information is available at the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety Building and Energy's website "Rules for Pool and Spas" publication
If you have any questions please contact the City of South Perth on 9474 0777 or by email to email@example.com.
In addition you can contact our Service provider: Royal Life Saving Safety Services WA team on 9383 8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.