Battery recycling program at libraries on hold
The collection of household batteries and printer cartridges has been temporarily suspended at both of the City's libraries.
Instead, residents are encouraged to drop off unwanted batteries and toner/printer cartridges at the City's Recycling Centre where they can be handled appropriately.
The City is planning to install purpose-built collection bins for batteries, including lithium batteries, at both libraries. The new battery bins are expected to arrive by the end of August 2023.
Recycling of mobile phones and accessories will continue at South Perth and Manning libraries.
Battery recycling boxes
Did you know the City has battery recycling boxes?
These free cardboard boxes – available from the City’s Recycling Centre, Civic Centre and the Manning and South Perth Libraries – help you safely store used household (dry-cell) batteries before recycling them.
Simply put your old household batteries in the box and store them safely until you are ready to dispose of them at one of the drop-off points. Remember to hold on to the box and use it again.
TYPES OF BATTERIES ACCEPTED INCLUDE:
- AA and AAA cells (single use and rechargeable)
- C and D size batteries
- Button batteries (used in watches and toys)
- 9V batteries
- 6V batteries (used in torches and lanterns).
- City of South Perth Civic Centre - Cnr Sandgate St & South Tce, South Perth - temporarily unavailable
- City of South Perth Recycling Centre - 199 Thelma St, Como
- Manning Library - 2 Conochie Ave, Manning - temporarily unavailable
- South Perth Library - Cnr Sandgate St & South Tce, South Perth - temporarily unavailable
- Local schools that support the School Battery Recycling program.
To find out more about recycling, please visit our Recycling Programs page.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email email@example.com