Free Tax Help available at our libraries
The City's libraries can help you lodge your tax returns with a FREE and confidential service supported by the Australian Taxation Office through a network of ATO-trained and accredited community volunteers.
The one-hour sessions are held at both libraries:
10am-1pm: Thursday 3 August to Thursday 24 August 2023
South Perth Library
10am-3.30pm: Saturday 29 July to Saturday 28 October 2023
If you need help lodging your tax return, check that you’re eligible for the Tax Help program. You may be eligible for tax help if your income is around $60,000 or less for the financial year and you don't:
- work as a contractor - for example, a contract cleaner, taxi or uber driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax (CGT)
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, that is not a foreign pension or annuity.
Bookings are essential. Please visit our Eventbrite page to reserve your place.
- Phone 9474 0822
- Email email@example.com