Autumn green waste collection
Household green waste will be collected between 24 April and 29 May. To help keep our streets tidy, please don’t place green waste on your verge any earlier than one week ahead of your collection date.
The City will collect a maximum of three cubic metres per premise consisting of:
- Uncontaminated green/garden waste
- Tree prunings/branches with a maximum length of 1.5m.
The City will not collect:
- Lawn clippings and leaves. These may be placed in your regular bin and will be collected with your weekly domestic rubbish collection
- General junk, building or household waste
- Tree trunks and stumps larger than 150mm in diameter or 1.5m in length
- Dug out lawn
- Green waste that is contaminated by household rubbish
Plastic bags and boxes of leaves, weeds, soil and lawn clippings.
- Keep waste to no more than 3 cubic metres and ensure it is placed out on your verge before 7am on your scheduled collection day and no more than one week early
- Please do not place waste next to anything that could inhibit collection including trees, power poles, power boxes, water meters, reticulation sprinklers, walls, street signs, letter boxes
- Please do not obstruct the footpath or driveway, parked cars, your kerbside bins, or the line of sight of pedestrians and road users
- Keep your green waste neat and ensure it does not spill onto the road
- The City does not collect from vacant lots, commercial properties, rights of way, reserves or parks.
Find out when your suburb's Autumn green waste collection starts here.