Canning Bridge Activity Centre Plan review feedback open
An extensive review of the Canning Bridge Activity Centre Plan has been completed, and the City would now like feedback on the proposed changes to this Plan.
Visit yoursay.southperth.wa.gov.au to comment on these recommendations, which include:
- Introduction of provisions that require assessment of solar access, building depth, tree retention, deep soil areas and visual privacy
- Greater side and rear setbacks for taller buildings and greater setbacks for podium structures within parts of the M10 zone
- Greater flexibility on building height in the H4 zone to provide design flexibility and to help achieve greater building separation, solar access, building depth, tree retention, deep soil areas and visual privacy on development sites
- Introduction of criteria relating to visitor parking ratios, waste collection, street interface along Canning Highway, dwelling mix and environmental sustainability.
These recommended changes are the result of extensive engagement that included a wide-reaching review of previous submissions, community workshops, citizen stakeholder group workshops and community surveys.
The Canning Bridge Activity Centre Plan (CBACP) has been in place for a number of years and is a guide for development in the precinct surrounding the Canning Bridge Station, on both sides of the Canning River. The current review relates to land on the City of South Perth side of the river only. The CBACP aims to support development of the precinct with a mix of office, retail, residential, recreational and cultural uses, maximising opportunities offered by its unique transport hub location.
Feedback is open via yoursay.southperth.wa.gov.au until 5pm, Wednesday 27 November 2019.
Hard copy feedback forms are available at the City’s libraries and Civic Centre. Or come along to a pop-up information session:
- Tuesday 12 November from 4.30-6.30pm at Neil McDougall Park (near Hazel McDougall House), Como
- Saturday 23 November from 7.30am to 12.30pm at Manning Farmers Markets (located at George Burnett Park, Manning Road).
For more information, see the Canning Bridge Activity Centre Plan page on the City’s website.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org