Call for nominations
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ORDINARY ELECTION CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
An Ordinary Postal Election will be held on Saturday 19 October 2019 in the City of South Perth to fill the following vacancies:
- District 1 Mayor 4 year term
- Como Ward 1 Councillor 4 year term
- Manning Ward 1 Councillor 4 year term
- Mill Point Ward 1 Councillor 4 year term
- Mill Point Ward 1 Councillor 2 year term
- Moresby Ward 1 Councillor 4 year term
Nominations Open on Thursday 5 September 2019.
Nominations Close at 4pm, Thursday 12 September 2019.
Nominations must be lodged with the Returning Officer:
- at any time during the above period by arrangement; or
- between 2pm and 4pm, Thursday 12 September 2019 (close of nominations) at the City of South Perth, Cnr Sandgate Street & South Terrace, South Perth.
Candidates are required to lodge with the Returning Officer:
- a completed nomination in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed.
(This form is available from the Returning Officer, the Western Australian Electoral Commission or the City of South Perth)
- a single A4 page profile containing not more than 150 words of information about the candidate
- a nomination deposit of $80 (cash, bank cheque or postal order)
- a recent passport-sized photograph (optional).
The Commission has developed an online system called Nomination Builder to assist candidates to complete their nomination form which includes the candidate profile. This is the preferred method of completing the nomination form and profile for elections conducted by the Commission. Candidates complete their nomination details and profile, print the completed form which has a reference number allocated and lodge it with the Returning Officer. The nomination builder can be accessed at elections.wa.gov.au.
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate’s behalf, it must be in the prescribed form with a written authorisation signed by the candidate.
The documents may be hand delivered, posted or faxed to the Returning Officer and must be received by the close of nominations.
Full details about eligibility and nomination procedures for prospective candidates can be obtained by contacting Jeff Clark, Returning Officer, on 0439 303 541 or the Western Australian Electoral Commission on 13 63 06.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org