Ward boundary review update
The City has undertaken a review of its ward system to comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 1995.
Following a public comment period, Council endorsed the proposed ward boundary changes and Councillor/Elector ratios at their November 2018 meeting.
Proposed ward boundary changes:
- Mill Point Ward to be reduced in size and have its boundary realigned along Hensman Street between Coode Street, Labouchere Road and South Terrace
- Manning Ward to be increased in size to have its boundary realigned to include the area south of Gentilli Way, extending from Mount Henry Road to the foreshore east of the Kwinana Freeway. Additionally, it is proposed that the ward will exclude the area bounded by Jackson Road and Henley Street
- Moresby Ward to be increased in size to include the area formerly within the Manning Ward bounded by Jackson Road and Henley Street
- Como Ward to be reduced in size and have its boundary extended to include the area formerly within Mill Point bounded by Coode Street, Labouchere Road and South Terrace.
- Additionally, it is proposed that the ward will exclude the area bounded by the foreshore, Gentilli Way and Mount Henry and Edgewater Roads.
If these changes are endorsed by the Local Government Advisory Board and agreeable to the Minister for Local Government; Heritage; Culture and the Arts, they will be in place where possible for the next ordinary election in October 2019.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org