Canning Highway draft scheme amendment
The Canning Highway #ShapeOurPlace project is an ongoing series of studies to understand the area and plan for the future. The City’s draft Local Housing Strategy (2011) first identified challenges for the City between managing high density development along Canning Highway and the adjacent low density residential areas.
Following the City's investigations, community consultation and the preparation of the Kensington/South Perth – Character Study Report, the City has prepared a draft amendment to Town Planning Scheme No. 6 and an associated draft local planning policy.
The draft amendment seeks to create a new planning precinct to be known as Canning Highway (East). Consistent with the recommendations in the Character Study Report, the draft amendment includes development provisions that would allow for medium density development along and within close proximity to Canning Highway and provide for an appropriate transition to adjacent low density residential areas. The report on the draft scheme amendment is now available to view.
The report is included in the October Agenda Briefing document on the Council Meeting page of the City's website, alternatively hard copies are available to view at the Civic Centre or City's libraries.
• Draft scheme amendment and draft local planning policy presented to Council at the Agenda Briefing to be held 5.30pm, Tuesday 10 October 2017 in the Council Chamber at the South Perth Civic Centre.
• Members of the public may address Council on items for which they have an interest at the Agenda Briefing. Deputation to Address Council applications close 24 hours before the Agenda Briefing.
• Council to consider initiation of the draft town planning scheme amendment and associated draft local planning policy at the Council Meeting to be held 7pm, Tuesday 17 October 2017 in the Council Chamber at the South Perth Civic Centre.
• Members of the public can ask questions of Council at Council Meetings using the Public Question Time Submission form which should be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org