Special Electors’ Meeting 8 June 2017
A Special Electors’ Meeting will be held on 8 June 2017, in response to a petition received from the City of South Perth Residents Association.
The petition requests that the Council “provide the electors with the opportunity for City Officers to explain the City’s proposal for a Westralian Centre Development at 'Node 9' on Sir James Mitchell Park, as part of the public consultation process and prior to any decision of Council”.
The petition also requests that the electors be given an opportunity to “present their views or ask questions”.
The Council is now inviting Expressions of Interest from those who wish to make a statement or ask questions regarding the proposed Westralian Centre concept.
The Local Government Act 1995 provides that the procedure for a Special Electors’ Meeting is determined by the Presiding Member of that meeting.
The Presiding Member has reconsidered the request from the petitioner to submit questions and members of the public will be able to ask questions at the meeting.
“This is an opportunity for the Council to hear from electors who have called for the meeting, listen to their views and to respond to questions about the proposed Westralian Centre concept,” City of South Perth Mayor Sue Doherty said.
Members of the public will be able to submit a maximum of three questions prior to the meeting.
The following process will be used for this meeting:
• Electors will be permitted a maximum of five minutes to make a statement or alternatively a maximum of three questions to be asked
• Questions not received by the required time will not be responded to at the meeting
• The Council reserves the right not to accept or to reduce statement time or public questions should the City receive an excessive number
• The Council encourages joint statements where possible
• PowerPoint presentations will not be accepted
To submit an Expressions of Interest to make a statement or to ask questions, please contact the City at email@example.com by 12pm, Tuesday 6 June 2017.
The meeting will be held at South Perth Community Hall, cnr Sandgate St and South Tce, South Perth commencing at 6pm, Thursday 8 June 2017.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org