Efficient use of energy in the household results in reduced costs and reduced greenhouse gas emissions. Energy efficiency can be achieved by using energy efficient appliances, installing renewable energy power and simply using less power.
To become an energy efficient household, consider:
- Installing renewable energy power such as solar panels
- Purchasing energy efficient appliances (check the energy rating of whitegoods)
- Installing ceiling fans
- Having your home audited for energy efficiency
- Turning off appliances when not in use
- Turning off appliances at the power switch
- Turning off lighting when not in use
- Reducing times of running hot water
- Building your new home or renovations incorporating energy efficiency.