The City Rangers follow up every reported dog attack.
Dog attacks can take many forms including:
- Aggressively rushing at or harassing any person or animal
- Biting or causing physical injury to a person or animal
- Tearing clothing on or causing damage to the property of any person attacked
- Attempting to attack or behaving in a manner that would cause fear of physical injury.
Upon receipt of a dog attack report, City Rangers will:
- Investigate the dog attack report
- Take the appropriate action based on that investigation.
Please follow these steps if you or your dog are involved in a dog attack:
- The first priority is to seek appropriate vet or medical attention if required
- Try to obtain contact information of any witnesses and the offending dog's owner
- Taking photos may help your case, so please photograph any injuries sustained in the dog attack
- Retaining documentation -keep vet bills or ask for a Doctor's note if injuries have been incurred
- Please contact the City's Rangers and inform them of the attack.
Please note that as part of the investigation, a statement will be required from the complainant/victim/dog owner/dog carer and any known witnesses to the alleged attack.