The City of South Perth supports charity activities and works with organisations such as the Good Samaritans and the Spine and Limb Foundation to benefit the whole community.
You can assist in the following ways:
- Always put your donation in the bin and not on the ground outside the bin, as it is illegal to dump goods around charity bins
- Check to see which goods are accepted in the donation bins for recycling. They are not a waste disposal site
- Let the relevant organisation know if you see a bin site that is littered or vandalised so that they can clean it up. Phone numbers are always provided on the sides of the bins.
If you have items that you would like to donate to charity, you can drop them off at one of the following locations:
- Collier Park Waste Transfer Station: 199 Thelma Street, Como
- George Burnett Oval car park: Manning Road, Manning
- Challenger Reserve car park: Challenger Road, Manning.
If you would like to support a more local charity group, there is also St Martin’s House Op Shop and Bookshop located at the corner of Dyson & Vista Streets, Kensington.
St Martin’s House operates an op-shop with quality items of clothing and homeware, while their bookshop features carefully selected second-hand books.