To be eligible for entry into the Emerging Artist Award, you must meet the eligibility requirement outlined in the Terms and Conditions of Entry.
Please select the most appropriate statement that applies to you:
If selected, all artworks will be considered for the Open Award and People’s Choice Award.
In addition to these, please select additional awards for which you would like your artwork to be considered (select all that apply):
Note: It is not mandatory for works entered in the Youth Award to be for sale. Please only include a sale price if you intend to have your artwork for sale. All other artworks must be for sale.
Please upload a high-resolution, good-quality image of the artwork for the selection process and, if selected for the exhibition, to be included in the exhibition catalogue (maximum 2MB, JPEG format).
Please read carefully and acknowledge the following:
- I have read and agree to the full Terms and Conditions of Entry for the City of South Perth’s Emerging Artist Award 2021.
- I understand that providing incorrect or misleading information on this entry form, or failing to comply with the Terms and Conditions of Entry, will disqualify me from the exhibition and consideration of any award.
- I understand that I cannot change any of the details in the entry form after it has been submitted.
- I confirm that I meet the City’s eligibility criteria for a ‘young or emerging artist’ (refer 1 and 2 of Terms and Conditions of Entry).
- I declare that the artwork entered is my own original artwork.
- I understand that my artwork must be within the size restrictions and price limitation specified in the Terms and Conditions of Entry and must be fitted with an appropriate hanging device. I acknowledge that if my work does not comply with these specifications, it will not be exhibited.
- I agree to abide by the judging panel in relation to the selection for the exhibition and awards.
- I confirm that, as per the Terms and Conditions of Entry, if my artwork is selected by the judging panel for inclusion in the exhibition, I will pay the applicable exhibition fee before the due date, 4pm on Thursday 30 September 2021. I understand that failing to pay the exhibition fee by the due date excludes my artwork from being exhibited and for consideration for an award.
- I agree to deliver my artwork between 9am–5pm on Friday 8 October 2021 to the Mopoke Meeting Room, located at the entrance of the South Perth Library, Cnr Sandgate St and South Tce, South Perth WA 6151. I understand that failing to deliver my artwork to this location at this time excludes my artwork from being exhibited and for consideration for an award.
- I confirm that, if my artwork has not sold, I will collect my artwork from the South Perth Community Hall between 9am–5pm on Monday 25 October 2021. I understand that failing to collect my artwork from this location at this time grants the City of South Perth the authority to dispose of my artwork as it sees fit.
- I accept that there remains a degree of uncertainty about the situation with COVID–19 in Western Australia and that the City of South Perth will not be held responsible for changes to the Emerging Artist Award or its cancellation, should circumstances beyond the City’s control require it.
- For entrants under 18 years of age, I have the permission from my parent or guardian to enter the Emerging Artist Award.