Volunteer of the Year Awards
The City of South Perth is aware of the vital role that volunteers play in the community and of the need to recognise and celebrate their efforts. These awards aim to acknowledge outstanding volunteers for their individual efforts within our community.
Volunteers who live in the City of South Perth or volunteers who live outside the City’s boundaries but volunteer within the City are eligible. Nominees from previous years are very welcome to be nominated again. The awards are presented at an Awards Ceremony in December*.
2020 Volunteer of the Year Awards
Nominations for the 2020 Volunteer of the Year awards are now open.
Nominations close at 4pm, Wednesday 30 September 2020.
There are three categories of awards:
- Junior Volunteer - under 18 years
- Youth Volunteer - 18 to 25 years
- Volunteer of the Year - over 25 years
Who can be nominated
Individuals who live, or whose volunteering is based, in the City of South Perth and who contribute significantly to the local community.
Who can’t be nominated
- City of South Perth employees
- Members of the selection panel and their immediate families
- Serving members of the City of South Perth Council.
The Awards will be conveyed upon individuals who have:
- had noteworthy involvement in the local community
- made significant impact which has added value to community life
- made inspiring efforts to enhance community life.
All nominees will be invited to attend the City’s Awards Ceremony on Thursday 3 December 2020*. Award nominees will receive a certificate signed by the Mayor and the winners from each category will receive an engraved plaque.
* Please note: in the event of COVID-19 restrictions changing the Thank a Volunteer Day event may be postponed or cancelled.