Spring green waste collection
Spring is just around the corner and so is the City's green waste collection.
The collection will commence on Monday 28 August and finish on 2 October 2023.
For safety and to avoid damage to properties, please do not place collections next to trees, power poles, water meters, reticulation, walls, street signs or any other object. Please do not obstruct the footpath or driveway, your normal bin services or the line of sight of pedestrians and road users.
The City will collect a maximum of three cubic metres per premise consisting:
- Uncontaminated green/garden waste
- Tree prunings/branches with a maximum length of 1.5m.
To help keep our streets tidy, please don't place your green waste on the verge any earlier than one week ahead of your collection week.
The City will not collect:
- Lawn clippings and leaves. These may be placed in your regular bin and will be collected with your weekly domestic rubbish collection
- General junk, building or household waste
- Tree trunks and stumps larger than 150mm in diameter or 1.5m in length
- Dug out lawn
- Treated wood
- Green waste that is contaminated by household rubbish
- Plastic bags and boxes of leaves, weeds, soil and lawn clippings.
Tips to ensure your green waste is collected:
- Keep waste to no more than 3 cubic metres and ensure it is placed out on your verge before 7am on your scheduled collection day and no more than one week early
- Please do not place waste next to anything that could inhibit collection including trees, power poles, power boxes, water meters, reticulation sprinklers, walls, street signs, letter boxes
- Please do not obstruct the footpath or driveway, parked cars, your kerbside bins, or the line of sight of pedestrians and road users
- Keep your green waste neat and ensure it does not spill onto the road
- The City does not collect from vacant lots, commercial properties, rights of way, reserves or parks.
If your green waste does not comply, it will not be collected. Green waste which isn’t collected because it has not met collection guidelines or because of late placement must be removed within seven days or you may be fined.
Find out when your suburb's collection starts here.