Upgrades planned for Coolidge Reserve, Como
The City will be undertaking minor upgrades to improve the appearance of Coolidge Reserve in Como and support local wildlife, as part of its 2022/23 Capital Works Program.
Works will be carried during the 2023 winter to give new plants the best chance of survival.
The project includes:
- Removal of the weeds in the garden beds
- Under-pruning of trees and tall shrubs
- Removal of deadwood from trees
- Mulching of existing garden bed areas
- Planting shrubs and trees in existing garden bed
- Install two bench seats, a drink fountain and a bird waterer to support local wildlife.
To give the new plants the best chance of survival, the works are scheduled in winter 2023. Works are expected to take three weeks to complete.
Works will generally be confined from 7am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, although some activities may occur outside of these hours, including Saturdays.
Access and traffic management
Please follow all work signs and directions and be mindful that construction vehicles may move throughout the reserve. The latest information can be found on our Parks and Reserves Works page.
The City appreciates your support and cooperation during these works. Our staff and contractor will make every effort to minimise any inconvenience, however if you have any enquiries, please contact the City or submit a Request.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org