The City of South Perth is launching a new free community festival, Hello Manning
on 30 and 31 March 2019
at Manning Community Centre.
The two-day celebration will feature live music and entertainment, unique art experiences, activations by local community groups and businesses, a family outdoor movie night, as well as children’s games and activity zones including a youth chill out zone.
“We are excited that a new grass roots event is happening in Manning, putting a spotlight on the eastern suburbs of our City,” City of South Perth Mayor, Sue Doherty said.
“Hello Manning has been created for the community with a strong focus on the area of Manning and its local businesses and community groups, many of who will be at the festival promoting health, wellness and lifestyle programs and offering free spinal screenings, a free fitness workshop and lots more.
“I encourage our whole community to come along and support this new event which will be hosted at the City’s Manning Community Centre, a state-of-the-art facility which was completed in 2016 creating a new heart for the suburb and its surrounds.”
Hello Manning begins at 4pm on Saturday 30 March 2019
with live entertainment, food trucks, a licensed bar and the City’s annual Laugh On
comedy show (book your tickets here
) hosted by Famous Sharron and featuring WA comedians, Matt Storer, Colin Ebsworth, Tor Snyder and Sam Cribb.
From 10am to 3pm on Sunday 31 March festival-goers will be treated to a family-friendly day with entertainment across four stages, games and interactive activities for all ages. A selection of food trucks will be accompanied by the Hello Manning long table luncheon tent. Plus, don’t miss the unique temporary art installations including Andy Faraday’s Dark Truck interactive Unselfie project and ANTaR’s (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander advocacy organisation) Sea of Hands project.
Get social and share your photos and videos with us using #hellomanning
and follow our Facebook event
for the latest updates and event details.
4-9pm, Saturday 30 March 2019
- Live entertainment on the Community Stage
- Free outdoor Family Movie Night
- Food trucks
- Free children's activities
- Licensed bar hosted by the Manning Rippers Club
- Laugh On Comedy Show (18+ ticketed event) book online
- Roaming entertainment
- Youth Zone
10am-3pm, Sunday 31 March 2019
- Local community groups and businesses presentations including free fitness workshop, free spinal screening, free workshops and lots more
- Live entertainment on the Community Stage, Children Stage, Busker stage and the Festival Pitch, featuring local musicians, educational shows, circus and much more
- Roaming entertainment
- St John first aid awareness marquee
- Manning Seniors Tea marquee
- A Reserve, temporary art installation The Rose Coloured House
- Andy Faraday’s Dark Truck interactive Unselfie Project
- ANTaR’s (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander advocacy organisation) Sea of Hands project
- Displays in the Manning Community Centre including the Manning Library, Toy Library and much more
- Licensed bar
- Free children's games area
- Youth Zone
Event parking is available on Manning Primary School oval for a gold coin donation. Proceeds go to the Manning Primary Parents’ & Friends’ Association.
In celebration of Bike Week (15-24 March), ride your bike to the event and check it in to our free bike valet service.
For further information, please contact the City on 9474 0777 or visit the City’s website www.southperth.wa.gov.au/hellomanning.
Hello Manning 2019
4-9pm, Saturday 30 March 2019 and 10am-3pm, Sunday 31 March 2019
Manning Community Centre and James Miller Oval 2 Conochie Cres, Manning Free