Responsible dog ownership
Are you a responsible dog owner?
Being a responsible dog owner means ensuring your dog is registered, trained, healthy, safe, well cared for, and does not create a nuisance to other members of your community.
All dogs over the age of three months must be registered and microchipped.
Dogs are welcome at many different parks in the City of South Perth.
The City of South Perth has plenty of designated dog exercise areas where your dog may roam off leash.
Please keep the following in mind:
- Ensure that your dog is under supervision and effective control to prevent conflict with other dogs and people
- Carry a lead with you at all times
- Remove any excretia left by the dog
- Dogs must be on a lead within five metres of children’s playgrounds
- Dogs must be on a lead within five metres of the edge of playing fields being used for organised sporting or other permitted activities.
Please also keep an eye out for signage on the City’s ovals and reserves.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org