EOI open for industry representative member to join City's Public Art Advisory Group
The City of South Perth seeks Expressions of Interest (EOI) from people with experience and knowledge of public art, to join the City's Public Art Advisory Group as an industry representative member.
The City’s Public Art Advisory Group was established in 2015, as a key initiative to assist the City in realising the objectives set out in its Public Art Strategy. Recently adopted revisions to the Terms of Reference have made a place available for another industry representative member. Currently the group comprises of two elected members of Council and two industry representatives from the WA community of arts and culture professionals. Industry representative members of the group serve on a voluntary basis, and in alignment with the City’s Policy P112 – Community Advisory Groups.
The Public Art Advisory Group meets four times per year, usually between February and November. Key business for the group includes the review of percent-for-art public art concepts presented by private developers and for City development projects, along with providing advice and recommendations relating to these projects and the City’s strategic direction for public art.
The Public Art Advisory Group has no financial or decision making authority, but plays an important role in providing specialist, independent advice and guidance to inform decisions of Council and the City’s administration.
Interested professionals are invited to submit their current CV and a brief statement to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, 15 June 2018.
The statement should highlight professional relevant experience, interest in membership and availability to attend quarterly meetings of the City of South Perth Public Art Advisory Group.
All submissions received by the due date will be considered by the City, against the selection criteria outlined below.
A new member of the Public Art Advisory Group will be:
1. A recognised professional with qualifications and/or substantial experience in public art, working in one or more of the following, or related fields:
- Art practice
- Art consultancy/curating
- Architecture/landscape architecture
- Urban design
- Town planning
- Other cultural industries
2. An individual whose relevant technical expertise, industry experience and stakeholder perspective extends and complements the expertise, experience and perspectives already represented within the current membership of the group. The current membership of the group includes professionals with expertise in architecture, engineering and project management, creative art practice, curating exhibitions, and secondary and tertiary teaching in the arts.
Interested professionals are encouraged to review the City’s Public Art Strategy and Terms of Reference for the Public Art Advisory Group, and to contact the City’s Arts Officer, Duncan McKay (email@example.com, 9474 0777) with any queries about the requirements of membership of the Public Art Advisory Group.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org