Ernest Johnson Reserve update
Stage two of the redevelopment of Ernest Johnson (EJ) Reserve has commenced.
This phase of the major project will include works on the oval and construction of sports facilities, the demolition of the old buildings, playgrounds and social areas. Completion is planned for the middle of 2018.
To ensure public safety during this phase of the redevelopment, the lower oval will be partially fenced off. All other areas of EJ Reserve will be accessible to the public.
People wishing to exercise their dogs on the reserve can do so on the non-fenced areas of the reserve which are also designated ‘off-leash’ dog exercise zones. For further details of other ‘on leash’ and ‘off leash’ dog exercise areas located within the City, please refer to the City’s website.
The reserve and associated buildings are being redeveloped to better accommodate the needs of the local community. The development and implementation of a Masterplan for EJ Reserve was a key initiative in the City’s Strategic Community Plan and Corporate Plan.
- South Perth Junior Football Club
- South Perth Cricket Club (Suburban Turf)
- West Australian Football Commission Umpires (AFL & WAFL)
- South Perth Branch of the Returned & Services League (currently located in Angelo Street, South Perth)
- South Perth Playgroup
- Girl Guides South Perth
- Rotary Club of South Perth Burswood
- South Perth Little Athletics
- South Perth Junior Cricket Club
- Local residents and passive users of the reserve.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email email@example.com