Local Government Election call for nominations
An Ordinary Postal Election will be held on Saturday 21 October 2017 in the City of South Perth to fill the following vacancies:
- Como: 1 Councillor, 4 year term
- Como: 1 Councillor, 2 year term
- Manning: 1 Councillor, 4 year term
- Mill Point: 1 Councillor, 4 year term
- Moresby: 1 Councillor, 4 year term
Nominations open on Thursday 7 September 2017.
Nominations close at 4pm, Thursday 14 September 2017.
Nominations must be lodged with the Returning Officer:
- at any time during the above period by arrangement; or
- between 2pm and 4pm Thursday, 14 September 2017 (close of nominations) at the City of South Perth, Cnr Sandgate St and South Tce, South Perth.
Candidates are required to lodge with the Returning Officer:
- a completed nomination in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed. (This form is available from the Returning Officer, the Western Australian Electoral Commission or the City of South Perth)
- a single A4 page profile containing not more than 150 words of information about the candidate
- a nomination deposit of $80 (cash, bank cheque or postal order)
- a recent passport-sized photograph (optional).
The Commission has developed an online system called Nomination Builder to assist candidates to complete their nomination form which includes the candidate profile. This is the preferred method of completing the nomination form and profile for elections conducted by the Commission. Candidates complete their nomination details and profile, print the completed form which has a reference number allocated and lodge it with the Returning Officer. The nomination builder can be accessed at www.elections.wa.gov.au.
Where an agent lodges a nomination on a candidate’s behalf, it must be in the prescribed form with a written authorisation signed by the candidate. The documents may be hand delivered, posted or faxed to the Returning Officer and must be received by the close of nominations.
Full details about eligibility and nomination procedures for prospective candidates can be obtained by contacting the Returning Officer on 0467 800 680 or the Western Australian Electoral Commission on 13 63 06.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org