New Connect South Mends Street parking map
The City has produced a Connect South Parking map to assist visitors to the Mends Street area with information about the range of parking options available.
The $7.5 million Connect South project aims to enhance and invigorate the Mends Street precinct. During this period of redevelopment, the City is implementing a number of initiatives to support the Mends Street traders. Initiatives include:
- First hour free parking trial along sections of South Perth Esplanade within the Mends Street precinct as part of continued measures to manage parking in the area
- Three new 15 minute parking bays on Mends Street to facilitate short term parking
- Parking for construction and contractor workers on Melville Parade to reduce their impact on parking availability
- New wayfinding signs to assist visitors locate free short-stay parking in the area, including the South Shore car park
- New dynamic sign showing the number of available parking bays at South Shore - to be installed late September
- Promotional signage in the precinct to remind shoppers that Mends Street is open for business and to encourage visitation
- Place activation consultants are working with Mends Street businesses on a number of activation initiatives to support them through this period of transition.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email email@example.com