Changes to the inter-library loans service
From 1 July 2017, the City's libraries will be trialling changes to the Inter-Library Lending service for WA Public Libraries with the aim of providing a more effective, equitable and sustainable approach for the future. The changes include:
- No inter-library lending of any fiction item for 12 months from the date the item is received by the public library. This applies to fiction in all formats for both metropolitan and country libraries.
- Customers from metropolitan libraries will have access to a total of 12 inter-library loans per member per annum.
- Customers from country libraries will have access to a total of 24 inter-library loans per member per annum.
- Library members are encouraged to access titles in all available formats (including electronic) before requesting a hard-copy inter-library loan. View the City's libraries eResources collections for available titles.
- Book club items will not be supplied via the inter-library loans system. This applies to both metropolitan and country libraries.
To borrow items from other libraries, customers can join and borrow directly from any public library in Western Australia subject to their membership conditions. Items are to be returned to the public library from which they were originally borrowed.
South Perth Library
- Phone 9474 0800
- Email email@example.com