South Perth and Manning libraries closed 12-17 June
The City's libraries will be transitioning to a new Library Management System.
The new software system aims to deliver an improved user experience as well as enable library staff to deliver an optimised service.
To facilitate a smooth changeover and allow adequate staff training, South Perth and Manning libraries will be closed from Monday 12 June to Saturday 17 June 2017, with limited services from Thursday 8 June 2017.
Both libraries will reopen on Monday 19 June 2017.
Items borrowed prior to the closure will have extended loan periods and 24 hour return chutes will be available at both branches during the closure.
Some of the libraries events and programs will be impacted by the closure, with some online resources also restricted during this time.
Please see below for further details.
Restrictions will apply to the following programs and services:
- No Rhymetime or Storytime
- No computer access, printing, photocopying, scanning
- No Mind Lounge event at South Perth Library on 15 June
- Limited access to online resources
The following programs will run as scheduled:
- Words with Wine 'Ways of Being Here' 14 June
- Learn English Through Storytime session at Manning Library 12 June
- LEGO Club at Manning Library 17 June
- The Justice of the Peace Service will continue to operate from South Perth Library on Monday 12 and Wednesday 14 June.
- Manning Library's Justice of the Peace Service will run from South Perth Library on 15 June.
- Green Book Club on Wednesday 14 June will operate as usual in the South Perth Library Function Room.
- Kids' Dragon Club meeting will run in the South Perth Library Function Room.
- Books for Bubs scheduled for 14 June will run on 21 June.
The City and Library staff appreciate your understanding during this time of transition.
*Closure dates may be subject to change. Please visit the library website for updates.
South Perth Library
- Phone 9474 0800
- Email email@example.com