2017 Citizen of the Year Awards nominations open
The City of South Perth needs you to tell us who makes your community a better place. The commitment and action of countless individuals and community groups makes the City a great place to live, and you are invited to nominate an outstanding individual or community group for the prestigious Citizen of the Year Awards.
The state-wide awards are designed to recognise and reward local residents and groups for their significant contribution to community life and active participation in local projects.
The four award categories are:
• Citizen of the Year
• Youth - Citizen of the Year (under 25 years old)
• Senior - Citizen of the Year (over 65 years old)
• Active Citizenship (group or event)
Nominations will be judged on the following criteria:
• Significant contribution to the local community
• Demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life
• A significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life
• Inspiring qualities as a role model for the community
All award winners and nominees will be recognised at the City of South Perth’s annual Australia Day celebrations on 26 January 2017.
To make a nomination visit the Citizen of the Year website and complete the online form or collect a hardcopy nomination form from the South Perth Library, Manning Library, Council administration building or George Burnett Leisure Centre. All hardcopy nomination forms must be submitted to Australia Day WA GPO Box 2320, East Perth WA 6892 by 31 October 2016.
Nominations are now open and close 31 October 2016.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org