Expressions of Interest - Mindeerup and Old Mill feature lighting
Mindeerup (Min-dee-rup) is the gateway to South Perth and is located at the intersection of South Perth Esplanade and Mends Street. The Old Mill was bult in 1835 and is located in Melville Place in South Perth.
Both Mindeerup and the Old Mill are significant local landmarks that have feature lighting to provide a colourful visitor experience.
The feature lighting at both sites is programmable to provide promotional opportunities for eligible organisations to promote days of significance, appeals and associated events.
To make a feature lighting booking request, complete the online booking request form below.
Application Process and Notification Period
An annual Expression of Interest (EOI) process will be undertaken by the City during 1 September and 31 October each year to invite lighting applications for the subsequent calendar year. Following the EOI period, the applications will be assessed by the City and applicants will be notified of the outcome in December. All other requests received outside of this period will be considered at the discretion of the City. Costs incurred for lighting requests that require additional programming will be passed on to the applicant.
The Expression of Interest period for 2024 calendar year is now closed. To make a feature lighting booking request outside of the EOI period, complete the online booking request form below.
Terms and Conditions
- Programmable feature lighting is currently available at two City of South Perth landmarks, being Mindeerup and the Old Mill.
- Lighting applications can be submitted by government departments, charities, not-for-profit organisations and other groups to promote days of significance or appeals etc. that are recognised within Australia, Western Australia and/or significant to the City of South Perth.
- Lighting applications shall be submitted by the head office, event organiser or authorised agent where possible.
- Lighting applications will be accepted in accordance with the City’s policies, management practices and local laws and not be associated with campaigns of a political, racial, religious, or offensive nature.
- Priority may be given to single day events or short-term events to avoid scheduling conflicts with other existing approved days of significance.
- The City is unable to accept multiple requests for the same date or on dates of significance (e.g. ANZAC Day etc.).
- There are a limited amount of lighting colours available to light up Mindeerup and the Old Mill, therefore not all colours and colour combinations are available. Costs incurred for requests that require additional programming will be passed on to the applicant.
- The City may limit the number of applications received for a calendar year.
- Forms submitted within the Expression of Interest period will be given priority.
- Forms submitted outside of this period will be notified of the outcome within four weeks of receipt.
- The City reserves the right to refuse requests that do not meet the above criteria. The City may also reject or amend applications at its discretion.
Please direct all City of South Perth landmarks feature lighting booking enquiries to the City’s Cultural Development Team on 9474 0777.