The DSR KidSport program enables eligible Western Australian children aged 5-18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering them financial assistance towards club fees.
Applying for KidSport funding
To find a club within the City of South Perth or beyond visit the Department of Sport and Recreation website.
Applications for KidSport are due prior to attending your first game/session. Fees will NOT be paid retrospectively.
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years
- Applicant must have a health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area that they are applying to (exceptions may apply)
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area.
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other or related costs as identified by the club)
- Maximum of up to $150 per child
- Applicants can only receive funding once a year
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season
- No retrospective fees will be paid
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met.
Register to become a KidSport Club
Local sporting clubs can register to become a KidSport club. More information is available on the Department of Sport and Recreation website.
KidSport no longer has referral agents.
Applicants not listed on a valid concession card need to meet one of the new KidSport Financial Exceptions.
If you meet an exception you can apply for KidSport through a KidSport Financial Assessor.
The City of South Perth thankfully acknowledges the State Government through the Department of Sport and Recreation and Lotterywest as major supporters of the City of South Perth Club Development Program. The City also acknowledges the support of the Department of Sport and Recreation funding for the KidSport program. Sport and recreation builds stronger, healthier, happier and safer communities.