The DSR KidSport program enables eligible Western Australian children aged 5-18 years to participate in community sport and recreation by offering them financial assistance towards club fees.
Applications for KidSport are due prior to attending your first game/session. Fees will NOT be paid retrospectively.
Applying for KidSport funding
To find a club within the City of South Perth or beyond visit the Department of Sport and Recreation website.
A completed application voucher for each child must be returned to the George Burnett Leisure Centre located at Cnr Manning Rd & Elderfield Rd, Karawara or posted to the City of South Perth, Civic Centre, Cnr Sandgate St & South Tce, South Perth WA 6151.
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years
- Applicant must have a health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area that they are applying to (exceptions may apply)
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area.
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other or related costs as identified by the club)
- Maximum of up to $200 per child
- Applicants can only receive funding once a year
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season
- No retrospective fees will be paid
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met
- An applicant can be 'validated' by a recognised referral agent (e.g. school teachers, doctors, police, social workers, local area coordinators).
Register to become a KidSport Club
Local sporting clubs can register to become a KidSport club. More information is available on the Department of Sport and Recreation website.
Referral agents can help by identifying eligible children who can benefit from KidSport and assist with completing and lodging application forms with local governments on behalf of parents.
Information for Referral Agents can be found available on the Department of Sport and Recreation website.
The City of South Perth thankfully acknowledges the State Government through the Department of Sport and Recreation and Lotterywest as major supporters of the City of South Perth Club Development Program. The City also acknowledges the support of the Department of Sport and Recreation funding for the KidSport program. Sport and recreation builds stronger, healthier, happier and safer communities.