Community Citizen of the Year Awards
Every community has local heroes. Auspire – The Australia Day Council WA, Community Citizen of the Year Awards is your opportunity to acknowledge those making an outstanding contribution to your local community. The Patron of the Citizen of the Year Awards is Her Excellency the Governor of Western Australia.
The Awards recognise individuals and organisations making a notable contribution during the year, and/or to those who have given outstanding service over a number of years.
Outstanding contribution and community service includes areas such as; education, health, fund-raising, charitable and voluntary services, business, sport, arts, the environment or any other area that contributes to the advancement and wellbeing of a community.
2020 Citizen of the Year Awards
These state-wide awards recognised and rewarded local residents and groups for their significant contribution to community life and active participation in local projects. Nominations close Wednesday 31 October 2019. Nominations can be submitted online at www.citizenshipawards.com.au/nominate.
- Citizen of the Year: A person you believe has delivered outstanding service to his or her community
- Citizen of the Year – Youth: A young person you believe has delivered outstanding service to his or her community and to be eligible, the person must be under 25 years of age on 26 January 2020
- Citizen of the Year – Senior: An older person you believe has delivered outstanding service to his or her community and to be eligible, the person must be over 65 years of age on 26 January 2020
- Award for Active Citizenship: A group doing outstanding work or for an event staged in the community during the past year
Nominations are judged on the following criteria
- Significant contribution to the local community
- Demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life
- A significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life
- Inspiring qualities as a role model for the community
Award winners and nominees are recognised at the City’s Australia Day celebrations on 26 January 2020.