Severe weather warning
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe weather warning for today, Thursday 29 July 2021. The alert warns of destructive winds, and damaging surf, abnormally high tides and damaging surf, with wild conditions forecast to hit Perth metro and the South West on Thursday morning.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
- Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
- Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
- Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
Visit Emergency WA for the latest weather warnings.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email email@example.com