Are you an Emerging Artist?
Entries are now open for this year’s Emerging Artist Award.
The community art award provides up and coming artists and arts students with the opportunity to exhibit their work to the wider community, as well as a chance to share in over $11,000 in prizes provided by the City of South Perth and our generous sponsors.
Celebrating its 18th year, the Emerging Artist Award is open to all artists, who live in Western Australia.
This year there are nine award categories Open Award, Local Theme Award, Youth Award, Works on Paper Award, Painting Award, 3D Sculpture/Textile Award, Aboriginal Art Award, South Perth Resident Award and People's Choice Award.
This year’s judges are:
- Jane King – Gallery Manager, John Curtin Gallery, Curtin University
- Erin Coates – Artist/Exhibitions and Special Projects Curator, Fremantle Arts Centre, City of Fremantle
- Rob Bradfield Jnr – Artist/Arts Consultant
City of South Perth Mayor Greg Milner said the City has been working with local artists for many years and the Emerging Artist Award is a vital part of the City's cultural life.
“This year, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on artists and limited their opportunities to show and sell their work in public exhibitions,” Mayor Milner said.
The City is proud to provide prizes for the Open Award, Aboriginal Artist Award, Works on Paper Award and Highly Commended.
Entries for this year’s Emerging Artist Award close on Monday 7 September at 4pm.
The Emerging Artist Award Exhibition will be open to the public on Friday 16 October until Saturday 24 October 2020 at the South Perth Community Hall.
The exhibition provides a great opportunity to see the artworks, vote for your favourite piece to win the People’s Choice Award or purchase an artwork for your personal collection.
The 2020 Emerging Artist Exhibition will be curated by Ron Nyisztor, Artist/Director Nyisztor Studio.
The City would like to thank this year’s sponsors:
- The Karalee on Preston - Local Theme Award
- Preston Street IGA - Youth Award
- Liquor Barons on Angelo - 3D Sculpture/Textiles Award
- White Frame - Painting Award
- John McGrath MLA - City of South Perth Resident Award
- Soco Realty - People's Choice Award
For more information visit our website.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email email@example.com