Recycling processing to resume
City of South Perth Mayor Greg Milner has welcomed a new agreement with Cleanaway and the Southern Metropolitan Regional Council (SMRC) in relation to the City’s recycling needs after a fire destroyed Cleanaway’s processing facility in November last year.
“The new agreement will see the City’s recycling services once again being appropriately processed from Monday 24 February.
“This agreement is part of an interim solution for the City’s recycling needs until Cleanaway’s facility is rebuilt at the end of this year. The City continues to work with Cleanaway to maximise the effectiveness of these interim solutions.
“I would like to thank our residents for their understanding and keeping up good recycling practices during this time,” Mayor Milner said.
Residents are being encouraged to continue recycling and minimise waste where possible.
Please remember to:
- Keep food, liquids, soft plastics and textiles out of recycling bins
- Rinse bottles, jars and containers to ensure they are clean and empty
- Do not place batteries or aerosols, polystyrene containers or meat trays, plastic bags or cling wrap in your recycling
- Remove lids from containers and place them in the general waste bin
- Remove the greasy half of pizza boxes before recycling
In addition to the fortnightly roadside collections, the City also accepts recyclable items at the Recycling Centre at no cost. These include eWaste, cardboard and other paper, scrap metal, light globes and others. For more information visit recycling.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org