Ward boundary changes gazetted
Changes to the City of South Perth's ward boundaries have been endorsed by the Local Government Advisory Board and the Minister for Local Government; Heritage; Culture and the Arts.
The changes were published in the Western Australian Government Gazette on Friday 10 May 2019 and will be in place for the next ordinary local government election in October 2019.
The ward boundary changes are:
- Mill Point Ward reduced in size and its boundary realigned along Hensman Street between Coode Street, Labouchere Road and South Terrace
- Manning Ward increased in size to have its boundary realigned to include the area south of Gentilli Way, extending from Mount Henry Road to the foreshore east of the Kwinana Freeway. Additionally, the ward will exclude the area bounded by Jackson Road and Henley Street
- Moresby Ward increased in size to include the area formerly within the Manning Ward bounded by Jackson Road and Henley Street
- Como Ward reduced in size and have its boundary extended to include the area formerly within Mill Point bounded by Coode Street, Labouchere Road and South Terrace. Additionally, the ward will exclude the area bounded by the foreshore, Gentilli Way and Mount Henry and Edgewater Roads.
The City undertook a review of its ward system to comply with the requirements of the Local Government Act 1995. Following a public comment period, the Council endorsed the proposed ward boundary changes and Councillor/Elector ratios at their November 2018 meeting.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org